Sunday, April 5, 2009

Q-Quest Youth Fest

Hey! This is Ben, and I'm the co-president of the Avalon School GSA. I just wanted to share some info about this year's Q-Quest Youth Fest (info here) that I went to. It was on Saturday, March 28th at Webster Open School in NE Minneapolis. For those of you who don't know about it, it's basically a forum for GLBT youth from all across Minnesota (there was one kid from a suburb of Duluth). There were workshops about different GLBT-related stuff (Queer Sex Ed, Video Activism, Homosexuality and Religion, etc.) open discussion time, performances by local artists, meals, and just basic hanging out time. It was a really good opportunity for networking with like-minded individuals and sharing ideas, stories, etc. I had fun, and there were a lot of cool people there (more than I expected).
I would definitely encourage anyone who's interested to go next year. It's free, and you get 3 free meals!! If you want to help plan next year's event, contact Leigh Combs at lcombs@everyfamilymatters.org or Jessi Tebben at Jessi.Tebben@mpls.k12.mn.us

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment